Mountain Valley Treatment Center has been established to provide intensive residential treatment to adolescents and emerging adults struggling with OCD, severe anxiety and related disorders. Mountain Valley stands apart from like providers because of its specialization, its unique setting, and its comprehensive approach to care.
Mountain Valley treats all genders between the ages of 13 to 20, with moderate to severe OCD and anxiety, as determined by:
- The intensity and frequency of their emotional and behavioral symptoms
- The degree to which their academic and social life is impaired or underdeveloped
Whether residents suffer from new and emerging symptoms of OCD and anxiety, or have ongoing struggles, previous efforts to address the issue in less restrictive and local treatment settings will often have been inadequate.
In many cases, symptoms will be experienced concurrently with other emotional or behavioral challenges. The most frequently occurring examples include:
- Periods of sadness and episodes of depression
- Onset or reemergence of a specific phobia or phobias
- Social avoidance and school refusal
- Sleep disturbances
- Frustration intolerance
- Intrusive thoughts and rituals
- Parental conflict
- Unhealthy degrees of perfectionism
- Low self-esteem and confidence